Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
Brief Description: The most advanced aircraft rating allowing the holder to act as pilot in command of aircraft over 12,500 lbs gross weight.
Note on Knowledge Test: After July 31, 2014, a person who applies for the knowledge test for an airline transport pilot certificate with an airplane category multiengine class rating must present a graduation certificate from an authorized training provider under part 121, 135, 141, or 142 of this chapter certifying the applicant has completed the following training in a course approved by the Administrator. Refer to the 2015 FAR AIM 61.151 for more detailed information.
- Hold at least a commercial pilot certificate and an instrument rating.
- Be at least 23 years of age.
- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language.
- Hold at least a valid first-class medical certificate.
- Requires 1500 hours of flight time and 250 hours of pilot in command time to be elidgible. There is no minimum hourly requirement to prepare for the test. Our student average is 10 hours of instruction.
- Pass a knowledge test (see important note below) as well as the practical test.
Estimated Cost: $5,335*
*Based on usage of a Piper Seneca; subject to change without notice.