Flight Instructor - CFI & CFII
Brief Description: Ratings that allow the holder to teach others how to fly.
Types of Flight Instructor Certificates:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language.
- Hold at least a valid second-class medical certificate.
- No minimum hourly requirement for the Flight Instructor Certificates. Student averages vary upon individual circumstances.
- Pass a knowledge test as well as the practical test.
- Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) - Allows for the training of private pilot students.
Estimated Cost: $5,240*
Estimated Cost: $4,125*
- Certified Flight Instructor - Instrument (CFII) - Allows for the training of instrument pilot students.
*Based on usage of a Piper Arrow and C-172 respectively; subject to change without notice.