Wisconsin Aviation News
Private Pilot Ground School @ MSN
Prepare for the FAA Written Exam.
Every Thursday from January 17 thru April 18, 6-9 pm
3606 Corben Court, Madison, WI (just off of Hwy 51).
Course costs $295 plus books and supplies.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-268-5024 direct.
Instrument Rating Ground School @ MSN
Prepare for the FAA Instrument Written Exam and pass!
The course runs every Monday, January 21 thru April 22, 6-9 pm.
3606 Corben Court, Madison, WI (just off of Hwy 51)
$295 plus books and supplies.
To sign up, contact Lisa Braun at LisaB@WisAv.com or 608-268-5024 direct.
The Ins and Outs of ADS-B @ MSN
Monday, January 28, 2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wisconsin Aviation - Madison
3606 Corben Court, Madison, WI 53704
The deadline to equip is rapidly approaching. Don't have a good understanding of what's behind this technology?
A two-part presentation involving industry and the FAA.
Part One speaker: Aaron Hall, Wisconsin Aviation Avionics Manager
Part Two speaker: Jurg Grossenbacher, FAASTeam Program Manager, Milwaukee FSDO
This presentation will peel back the layers of the ADS-B onion and help answer critical questions, such as:
- What exactly is ADS-B?
- Why did the FAA mandate this? Who really needs to comply?
- What's the difference between 1090ES and UAT, and why do we have two different technologies?
- Are there any benefits to equipping now?
- Can I get any benefits if I'm not equipped, and what's this I keep hearing about "hockey pucks"?
- What's the state of the art? Is it going to get cheaper if I wait?
- What are the privacy implications of equipping?
Held in the conference room at the Wisconsin Aviation terminal building.