Brief Description: Transition training from military helicopter pilot to FAA fixed-wing commercial pilot.
- Private Pilot SEL - 25 hrs dual flight training, 5 hours Pilot in Command (PIC). No checkride - flight maneuvers to proficiency.
- Commercial SEL - 25 hrs dual flight training (10 hrs in complex aircraft), 5 hrs PIC. Checkride with FAA Designated Examiner is required.
- IFR SEL Add-on Rating - 20 hrs dual flight training. Checkride with FAA Designated Examiner is required.
- Commercial MEL - 3 hrs simulator, 10 hrs dual flight training, 13 hrs PIC with instructor. Checkride with FAA Designated Examiner is required.
- Flight Experience Time Building - As necessary to achieve the minimum 250 hrs PIC across the various planes of choice.
The Wisconsin Aviation expert for this training is CFII Mike Jacobs, one of our Senior Instructors.
For more details or to connect with Instructor Jacobs: